Five alumni working in various fields within the tech sector help make the point that a liberal arts education can take you anywhere.
Having launched careers that have taken them to companies including Apple and Google, the alumni joined President Clayton Rose and Dean of Admissions and Financial Aid Whitney Soule as they welcomed prospective students from the Bay Area for a compelling conversation about the liberal arts, the power of its flexibility, and the preparation it provides to students as they go out into the world in pursuit of careers.
Highlights from the conversation:
Watch a video of the full two-hour event here, featuring President Clayton Rose talking about the liberal arts at 4:00, the full discussion with the alumni working in Silicon Valley at 10:00, and Dean of Admissions and Financial Aid Whitney Soule’s admissions presentation at 50:00, with further conversation and questions from the audience at 1:11.
The panel included:
- William Dawson ’13, software architect for Okta
- Seth Glickman ’10, a software engineer with Google
- Skye Lawrence ’10, director of product for Biome Analytics
- Clara Lee ’03, senior marketing manager at Apple
- Adrian Rodriguez ’14, strategic partner manager with Google