News Archive 2009-2018

Then and Now: West View of the Quad Archives

 

Click on the photo to go back in time on Bowdoin’s quad. On the left is Massachusetts Hall, and facing front are the two brick dorms, Winthrop and Maine halls. In the old illustration, it’s possible to see the north-facing church that preceded the College’s new chapel (barely visible on the right in this photo), which was constructed between 1844 and 1855 for $46,790 and faces west, toward Maine Street. Sliding tool by David Francis, senior interactive developer

thumb: