Edward E. Langbein Jr. ’57 to Receive Alumni Service Award

Edward E. Langbein Jr. '57

For his decades of service and dedication to the College, Edward E. Langbein Jr. ’57 has been named the recipient of the 2011 Alumni Service Award, the highest honor given by the Bowdoin Alumni Council.

The award is presented each year in recognition of an individual’s record of volunteer service to the College.

The Alumni Service Award will be presented Saturday, June 4, 2011, during Reunion Convocation.

4 thoughts on “Edward E. Langbein Jr. ’57 to Receive Alumni Service Award

1. Jennifer Pollock

Congratulations to Ed. He is not only dedicated and hard working but also a thoughtful leader and role model for people of all ages.

2. Peter H. Dragonas '59

Happy to see a person I remember from Undergraduate Days giving so much of themselves. I was at Bowdoin Friday for the Graduation Weekend. Ed represents the many who have contributed to today’s Bowdoin. Fantastic group in both the Graduating Class and those receiving Honorary Degrees. Congratulations to students, faculty. adminstration and all those who work at Bowdoin. Hope the weather is good for Alunmi Reunion Weekend.

3. Jean Shaw, P '11

What a gift to the community Ed is. Congratulations on this service award, you have indeed answered the call to the greater good, and gone beyond! I have so enjoyed getting to know you over the four years my son attended Bowdoin, and look forward to seeing you at the Sid!

4. Jeanne Mayo

No one is more deserving of this honor. Ed and his wife Nancy contribute in a hundred ways. WE are so happy that Ed is being recognized for his dedication.

Comments are closed.

thumb:Bowdoin College entrance