Michael ‘Tug’ Buse ’01 Tracing History In Homemade Wooden Boat

Michael “Tug” Buse ’01 knew what was in store when he named his 14-foot homemade wooden sailboat Adventure.¬†Buse, a history major, left Sioux City, Iowa, August 17, 2009, on a 14-month, 4,000-mile journey that would take him to such historic sites as Fort McHenry in Baltimore, Md., where Francis Scott Key wrote the “Star Spangled Banner,” and to the Smithsonian Institution in Washington, D.C., to see the very flag about which Key wrote.

3 thoughts on “Michael ‘Tug’ Buse ’01 Tracing History In Homemade Wooden Boat

1. Penny Buse

Tug Buse’s hometown is actually Stanwood, Washington. He served as a professor of film and television at Morningside College in Sioux City and lauched Adventure there last August.

2. rob picone

Tug:

I’m Rob Picone, the Visitor Services Representative at Washington Crossing State Park in NJ. You visited here about a week ago and said you were about to cross delaware Bay on your journey up to Maine. I remember telling you to have a safe journey. Have not been able to locate your updates. Hope all is well and your trip continues You can contact me at wcspvsa@comcast.net

3. Peggy and Dick Webster

Tug,
    We enjoyed wathcing the sunset with you last evening across Mordecai Island, Beach Haven, NJ. Our grandchildren were amazed watching Zach paddle out with your breakfast this morning. We wish you the best adventures on your trip. Our daughter will be using reports of your experiences in teaching her 8th grade history classes in Havre de Grace, MD.
    Godspeed.

Comments are closed.

thumb: